Monday, September 22, 2008

I've somewhat calmed down. I'm still pissed off about this 700 billion bailout. I have yet to coalesce a coherent economic theory. But this gladdened my heart.

http://www.mlive.com/grpress/news/index.ssf/2008/09/george_will_lashes_out_against.html

I think George Will is a putz, especially when he talks about baseball. But reading this article, I have new respect for him. At least he is consistent in his conservatism. The fact that he is saying 'let them fail' makes me feel better about letting them fail. And I also thought his criticism of McCain was illuminating.

To use a baseball analogy, Will is like a Yankee fan that has always been a Yankee fan - not one of those front-runners that follows the Yankees because they happen to be winning. This bailout might be akin to the Commissioner of Baseball demanding the C.C. Sabathia and Johan Santana be given immediately to the Yankees to avoid the horror of a Yankee-less postseason.

Or maybe it's like giving the Yankees 10 games in the standings.

Yankee Stadium will never host a baseball game again. And the Republican Party as we know it may be finished.

1 Comments:

Blogger Andy said...

I wish.

(I bet you're wondering which one I wish, the Yankees or the Republicans, to which I reply, "yes." - actually though, I know what you mean about Yankee stadium and that isn't the same as if the Yankees actually never played a game again, but we can dream can't we?)

10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home